- Who created this beautiful country with awesome volcanoes, beaches, etc.?
Verse of the week
Jeremiah 32:17 (NIV)
Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.
Jeremías 32:17 Traducción en lenguaje actual (TLA)
Dios de Israel (“Papi Dios”), tú, con tu extraordinario poder, has creado el cielo y la tierra. ¡No hay nada que tú no puedas hacer!
- The Bible Verse Set to Song in Spanish:
Most important vocabulary:
Papi Dios – Father God
País El Ecuador – the Ecuador Country
Tiene 4 regiones – has 4 regions
Costa – coast
Sierra – highlands
Oriente o Amazonia – the East, the Amazon
Islas Galápagos – Galapagos Island
Montañas – mountains
Playas – beaches
Rios – rivers
Islas – islands
Volcan – volcano
Videos we will watch
- #1 (starting at 1:00 and ending at 3:12 “qué divertido”–”how fun”; total: 2:12 minutes) REGIONS OF ECUADOR
- #2 Song about Ecuador https://youtu.be/_FGYdKf08Do
- #3 Beautiful views of Ecuador and what you can do if you visit (1:52 minutes)
Songs that may be sung (videos will not be shown in class–this is for you, if you would like to reinforce at home, parents):
- The Weather
- Days of the Week
- Dancing Hands
- Saying goodbye
Suggested activities for home
K4 and up–the Regions of Ecuador, coloring sheet:
This is a homemade puppet your child can color, cut (with your help if the child is too young) and attached to a toilet paper tube or a lunch bag.